Saturday, May 28, 2011

100 Degree weather, wind, waffles and beer - 1 week till Hawaii 70.3!!

So, somehow it seems like forever ago now that the Hawaii Half Ironman was 8 months away, and just a thought. Well, it is now just 1 week away, and I am super excited about the race and getting to spend some time with my best friend Lisa :)

With the way my work schedule worked out, I was able to take an extra week off work before my trip to Hawaii. I am fortunate to have a great friend who owns a place in Palm Springs, CA. So, I decided to do a mini training camp to attempt to acclimate to the heat before the race.

Palm Springs, California

It has been HOT here this week. Temperatures ranging from 90-100, and the winds have not stopped. This has been great training thus far, however, I am feeling a bit fatigued from all the training in the wind. My recovery meal of choice this trip has been waffles and beer :) YUM!!


Banana Waffles, wipped cream, and beer - Dinner of Champions!!

I have really been enjoying swimming at the Palm Springs Pool. It is outdoor, and the locals are super friendly - except the guy with the MDot tatt that wouldn't share a lane with me.....like WTF snob!! Other than that, the swimming in the sunshine and palm trees has been just fantastic!!

Palm Springs Outdoor Pool

So, the training is now pretty much done!! An easy week with a bit of speed work is ahead. Leaving on Wednesday for Kona, and the race is on Saturday.....I have made every attempt to make sure me and my equipment are ready for the weekend!!

I am feeling well trained, and injury free. Lets do this thing!!!

You can follow me at http://www.ironman.com/ with live results Saturday June 4th.

See you at the races....WHEW!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Awesome! See you in a few short days! We are going to TEAR IT UP in hawaii!