Friday, February 25, 2011

Taper and a 10Km!

So, I am coming off two really large weeks of training leading into the Embarcadero 10km running race this weekend. I was able to log 16 hours, and 12 hour training blocks over the last 2 weeks, and am VERY happy to be in a large taper leading into the race. I was feeling VERY fatigued at the beginning of the week, and have decided to take a few extra days off to help out with some much needed recovery. For me, running is the most difficult of the three disciplines that I train for, so I am hoping to start feeling a bit more fresh before Sunday morning rolls around :) The Embarcadero is a 10km running race, out and back, and pancake flat. Conditions call for a brisk morning. All these factors play to my strenghts :)
Embarcadero 10km Map
My goal for the race is simple. I would like to go under 40 minutes. My race strategy is to get to the 5km mark in around 20min, and then 10 go for broke in a negative split for the last 5km.
It is going to be so hard!!!
I will keep you posted. Happy training :)
Stephen

No comments: