Friday, March 25, 2011

RACE THIS WEEKEND!!!!

So, after the disappointment with the cancellation of my first triathlon of 2011, the Santa Barbara Sprint tri, the forecast looks to be ok for my next race this weekend. YA!!! However, now the reality is sinking in that I will indeed be racing this weekend, and it is time to get my game face on and committ to the challenge. The race is the MARCH TRIATHLON SERIES Sprint Triathlon near San Luis Obispo, California. This is a new race for me, and I am pretty excited to be fit and injury free, with a number of PR time trials and running races under my belt early in the season :) In terms of my goals, that is difficult to judge at this point. I have no idea who I am going to be racing against. And, here in California, there are ALWAY'S super fast and competitive age groupers at every race! So, my goal first goal is to have fun! My second goal is to have a smooth, all out effort. I want to be with the lead pack on the swim, rock it out on the bike while being safe, and then to negative split the run. One of my long term goals has been to run sub 20min 5km in a sprint tri. Last year, I was able to run 20min 20sec-ish. So, we shall see how things go. Let the 2011 Tri season commence..... And here is another rockin dance track to keep you groovin thru your training: See you at the races, and be happy and healthy Steve

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

So exciting! Best of luck at the race tomorrow - kick off the 2011 season with a bang!