Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Santa Barbara Tri Preview and What Do U Listen 2??

Hey :) Thanks for checking in! So, my first Triathlon of 2011 is upon me! YEA! The Kendra Payne Memorial Sprint Triathlon will be held on Sunday March 20, 2011 near Santa Barbara, California. This will mark my 3rd appearance at this race. I was able to finish 11th Overall in 2008, 7th Overall and First Men 30-34 in 2009, and was unable to race last year due to injury. So, this season I will be back with a vengance and am looking to see where my triathlon skills are at thus far. This year the race will be a sprint race consisting of a 0.5mile ocean swim, 16mile bike, and 3.1mile run. I know the course pretty well, and my training has been pretty consistent, minus a 2 day bout of food poisoning last week :( Going for a quick ocean swim tomorrow, and am getting my final race wheel set up (Zipp 808 Front, and Zipp Disc Rear) done tomorrow as well. My goals for the race are simple. First and foremost to have fun. I am really lucky to be healthy and able to have such great equipment! I am feeling confident, and ready to dig deep to pay the piper this Sunday for a sub 20min run! I am not sure who or who is not racing this weekend, so hard to have goals in terms of placing. I would really like to have a solid swim/bike/run, and will focus on smooth efficient transitions. Also, I will not give into the pain at the end of the run. I will keep everyone posted on how it all plays out Sunday..... To continue with my previous blog post - What Do U Listen 2 - I am posting a second music video which gets me motivated. The track is Eric Prydz - Call On Me. This is one of those tracks where I was in love with it the first time I heard it, and obsessively tried to find it after. The video is a bit risque, but I like that kinda stuff :) Hope you enjoy the beats, and see everyone at the races!! Stephen

No comments: